Monday, February 9, 2009

Keith and Equality?

Equality? Really? Since when? Oh wait, I forgot. Now that Keith has a steady girlfriend he's automatically the spokesperson for love and marriage for anybody. Funny how it use to be that "love stinks" to him. But since he's this big time news guy with a young girl on his arm he qualifies for humanity and should get an award for blubbering about gay rights?
Granted his "special comment" on gay marriage was good...for writing purposes, but his delivery was extremely hard to buy. When someone as ugly and hateful as Keith has been throughout his life one can't take his attempt at remorse too seriously.

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm a firm believer in gay rights and I think that Keith's words were important, but I just don't find his presentation on this matter to be...well...true to form. I think he pretends to be something he is not and people fall for that shit. I don't believe that Keith is capable of changing to such a degree that he deserves an award for it.
But stranger things have happened. So, well, congratulations for an award you faked your way to getting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

He knows that gay audiences are loyal audiences. He wants to endear himself to as many special interest groups as he can to keep his ratings up. This group should have done a much better job researching his past comments on gays, back in his sports anchor days and even into his years at ESPN he wasn't quite so gay-friendly.

flowergirl said...

I didn't know him during his ESPN days but I had a sense, and some bits and pieces of stuff that people would say about his past that he was an all around jerk, but I had no idea that he was prejudiced.
Thank you for this information. It puts a whole new meaning to his blubbering.

Anonymous said...

After tonight's show, which there was nothing special about, except the breaking news that everyone was also covering (about the plane crash), Keith has finally decided how he will antagonize our new president for ratings. Not that I mind. He commented that two-thirds of Americans want Bush investigated for crimes, so "you have your marching orders", he tells the politicians.

Let's just see what he does when no one follows those marching orders.

flowergirl said...

Thank you so much for an update. I haven't seen Countdown in several days. Hopefully, I got my things in order and now can get back to the fun stuff.

I'm curious about those "marching orders" myself. I'm not holding out on anybody prosecuting anybody.

Anonymous said...

So he thinks he can tell the president what to do now--and the president will actually listen? News flash to KO: Obama ain't crazy. Or stupid. But you sir, are arrogant and delusional, never a good combination.

Anonymous said...

He was actually addressing all of our politicians, particularly the Senate. Not just Obama.