Monday, June 8, 2009

He Was Born That Way

Took me a much needed vacation last week. Stayed away from the internet and the t.v. It was great.

I didn't miss not watching Countdown but I did read up on some of the things Keith did last week. Apparently he's not going to bitch about BillO anymore? Well, good for him. He finally did something right for a change.

I had been thinking, though, about some of the interviews Keith had given, and one of the things that sticks in my mind is that he had to see a psychiatrist when he was a kid.
Back then, in the 60's and 70's, children very rarely were taken to a therapist. And if they were then they were clearly messed up.
Had I known this fact a long time ago I sure as hell wouldn't have let myself get caught up in his "charm".

I don't take mental illness lightly, but apparently, Keith does. It's one thing to be self depracating but it's another thing to be so to the point where you don't think you need to better yourself.
I've been putting some of the things he has said about his childhood together and the only conclusion I can come up with is that he is a sociopath.

He said that he had gotten beat up a lot by girls when he was a kid. I seriously doubt it was because of his height or weight. I suspect he couldn't keep his mouth shut and pissed a lot of them off. Girls just didn't beat up boys back then without good reason.
I read somewhere that he was more or less the class clown. By observation only people like that don't turn out well. I knew several guys in school that were class clowns and things didn't go well for them at all. One guy had been married numerous times and can't keep down a job. Another one turned out to be a total jerk and nobody wants to be around him.
If you put those two factors together and throw in the way Keith is you can clearly see that Keith's personality keeps him from being a decent person.

A relative of mine told me that she thinks that if Keith hadn't gone into broadcasting he would've been a serial killer. Well, I don't think he would've gone that far but I do believe he would've been a criminal.

Though I had mentioned this before a long time ago I truly believe it even more now. Keith is a sociopath and was probably born that way. There is nothing that anybody can do to make him a better person. He will never change.
He could see the world's greatest psychiatrist and it would still do him no good. Why? Because he's comfortable being what he is. He's been this way all his life and he's not about to go beyond what he knows.

Obviously, I am not a psychiatrist. All of this is based solely on what he has said, how he has treated others and how he, now, seems to think that he's the greatest person on this planet.

I can't feel sorry for him because I believe he knows exactly what he's doing. He just doesn't care.

I put the profile of a sociopath on the sidebar for all to read. I was astonished at how much this describes Keith.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I don't necessarily buy that he's a sociopath but I do believe he's a raging narcissist. He has every symptom in the book and then some. One thing is clear: he's seriously messed up and always has been, it's just gotten worse with the fame he has now.

marinara said...

Nice to have you back, FG.

You know, I agree that Keith has some tendencies that resemble sociopathy, but I don't think that's his problem. He is not in trouble with the law and doesn't have all kinds of people that he's hurt in one way or another suing him. He's also not a drug or alcohol abuser, and has a good work ethic. These are all things a true sociopath would be having problems with.

I think he did suffer abuse as a child and has never received treatment for that. He probably doesn't think there's anything wrong with him.

Oh, BTW, I am still going to send along that chart I offered a while back, I just wanted to go over it thoroughly to make sure I didn't miss anything. Just been too busy. Is there some limit to how much text I can put into one of these windows?

flowergirl said...

Anon,
There's definitely no doubt he's gotten worse with all this extra fame.
A raging narcissist? LOL. I love it.

Marinara,
I don't know how much space the comment section will hold but I do know that I had gotten a comment once that was so long I didn't even bother to publish it.
It was just a bunch of drivel that didn't make any sense, and I suspect it was spam, but it was pretty big, so yours may hold.

You could try it. If it doesn't work I'll let you know.